Paris is magic?

8:21 am

I didn't think I'd like Paris; I thought it had been hyped up so much that I would be disappointed (what a travel snob). In the planning stages, I thought maybe we could stay one or two days just so we could visit the Louvre. At the insistence of the party I was travelling with, we kept Paris on our itinerary. 

Maybe it was that I had low expectations,
maybe it was the people I was travelling with,
maybe it was the perfect Spring weather, or
maybe PARIS IS ACTUALLY MAGICAL.

Paris, France © Pia T.


I mean, I don't know what it would be like to spend an extended amount of time there, but as a tourist it was definitely worthwhile to stop and check it out. Obviously, we visited the big tourist attractions which were so grand and beautiful that all my apprehensions just melted away.

  • Champs-Élysées - didn't shop though
  • Notredame - I wanted to scale the walls to get a better look at the details.. but I'm no Spiderman.
  • The Eiffel Tower - fairies built it, I'm sure
  • The Louvre - speechless. A picture is worth a thousand words though -- check out #interactivemuseumvisit on Instagram

The Louvre © Pia T.

Here are some tips should you find yourself there in the near future:
  1. Don't withdraw money in tourist areas. My aunt withdrew money from an ATM along Champs-Élysées and someone followed us to the train and swiped her wallet.
  2. Wine and dine with the locals; when we took a sunset boat ride on the Seine, we noticed a lot of young people coming out to have some wine and food by the side of the river.
  3. Get lost. On our way to a wine tasting, we got so hopelessly lost that we were 40 minutes late. A good half hour just wandering, turning left then right, and retracing our steps. Lovely.

Incidentally, that was my favorite day in Paris because we bought 2 bottles of wine after the wine tasting, plus cheese & baguettes - and had a little picnic on the lawn by the Eiffel Tower. We ate, drank, and laughed until after sunset. Really, how is this not magical?


Should you be visiting Paris anytime soon, I highly recommend getting mildly drunk in front of the Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel Tower © Pia T.
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts