Weekend Escape

11:38 pm

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: a 5:2 days ratio for work and rest - or school and rest for that matter - is ridiculous. No need to specifically say "rest" - but what about 'recreation'? 'Extracurricular'? It can hardly be called "work-life balance" when the number of days allotted for each is so skewed. *Note: this is probably not applicable to people who love their jobs aka do what they love.

I'm familiar with the saying that you should create a life you don't need to take a vacation from, but I'm not there yet. In the meantime, down time at the beach is definitely how I want to spend every weekend. Time to shed the office attire and bring out all my summer clothes!

Anvaya Cove, Batangas
On a more positive note, I was able to take a baby step during the weekend trip - I tried stand up paddleboarding! I prefer kayaking, mostly cause it's easier to steer, but it was still really awesome to be able to lie on the board and relax in the middle of the ocean. Two thumbs up!

My favorite moment: waking up from an afternoon nap and seeing the sunlight turn water into diamonds. priceless.




x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

recent posts